Training and research contribution
A contribution towards the expenses for training and research may be assigned to Ph.D. students enrolled in the III and IV year of the course. This contribution is, in particular, aimed to support the self-promotion of the students during the search for their postdoctoral position.
The contribution can be granted, upon request, una tantum up to € 1000,00
Rules and restrictions
The contribution can be requested for the following expenses:
- Scientific trips (travel, accommodation and meals according to Missions regulation);
- Registration fees to attend Schools, Workshop, Conferences;
- Purchase of data storage;
- Expenses for publication of scientific papers;
- Poster prints in non-standard format (i.e., when not possible using SISSA plotter);
Any expense request other than the aforementioned will be taken into account and assessed.
How to proceed to apply and get the reimbursement
In order to apply and get the contribution you should:
- Open mission indicating that you are going to ask for the last years contribution;
- Close the mission on mission portal, print and sign the closing mission pdf form;
- Fill in the dedicated contribution form
- Deliver to the Scientific Secretariat the mission form and the dedicated form for the contribution duly signed, please attach the receipts of payments (original, no copies-stapled on A4 sheet, in chronological order) and the declaration of presence/certificate of attendance.
Deadlines and Payment
- Deadline for submitting the request: 31st August
- Payment: end of September.
If you have already reached the threshold of € 1000,00 or you are not planning to ask for any further contribution, the request may be submitted by June, 30th and the payment will be completed by the end of July.
Late requests can be accepted no later than the date of discussion of the thesis (i.e. conference taking place after 31 August). In this case the payment will be made within two months after the date of the request.