SISSA is located in Via Bonomea 265, near Opicina. Because of the strong collaboration with the ICTP, we also report here the location of the ICTP campus in Miramare.
SISSA and ICTP are located as follows:
|Opicina (Via Bonomea 265)||SISSA||2, 4, 4/, 38|
The map below shows the location of SISSA and ICTP buildings and of the train station (Trieste Centrale).
Opicina - Via Bonomea
How to get there
- By bus: bus lines (2, 4 and 38) arrive close to/to Santorio. On Trieste Trasporti website you can find the updated schedules for all the bus routes. This utility allows you to check bus routes (linee) and to plan the journey (calcolo percorso). We provide a small handbook for those who have problems reading Italian. In case you need more general information about the transportation system in Trieste, check this page.
- Opicina's tram that leaves from Piazza Oberdan can also be an option to get close to the building.
- A shuttle service connects SISSA with ICTP; check here the timetables.
We list here, sorted by building, several practical informations about the SISSA campus in via Bonomea which may result useful. The location of the buildings is reported in the map above; for more precise plans refer to this section.
It is the main building of via Bonomea campus (Building A); inside there are several places you should know. To check where the people you'll interact mostly with during your first days in SISSA, check this page.
- Post office: You can use it both to receive incoming mail, which you can check in your personal mailbox, or to send outgoing mail, which should be left in the outbox.
- Helpdesk: It is in the first floor, room 114.
- Students' secretariat: You find it in second floor, in room 222; refer to this page for any kind of general information.
- Library: SISSA library can be found at the ground floor, on the right after the main entrance.
- Parking: SISSA students are allowed to use the car parking in front of the main building in via Bonomea. If you need to park your car there, just remember to keep with you the SISSA badge, which is needed in order to lift the bars leading to the garage.
- Eating: SISSA canteen and bar are both located at the ground floor of the main building, on the left right after the main entrance. As ERDISU is the agency providing those services, refer to them for informations about the ERDISU card and discounts.
- Printing: To print files, you can follow the instructions reported here (notice that some of them could be outdated due to the relocation). Paper supply is stored in the technical rooms (i.e. grey doors adjiacent to the bathrooms), except rooms 2B, 6A and 7A at the second, sixth and seventh floor respectively.
- ATM: near the main entrance, operated by unicredit bank.
Nursery or Nido
It is located in Building B1.
You find it in Building B5 just above the Gym; for detailed instructions about its use, see the Music Room section.
It is located in Building B5. Here you can find information about its activities.
Sectors and lecture halls location
In order to give an idea of how sectors are spatially organized inside the main building, we report here a table of sectors and floors where offices are expected to be found. Take it just as a broad indication, as exceptions are frequent: if you need to find someone in particular, please refer to the SISSA phonebook.
|Astroparticle Physics||5th and 6th|
|Functional and Structural Genomics||4th, 5th and 6th|
|Geometry||6th and 7th|
|Mathematical Analysis||6th and 7th|
|Mathematical Physics||6th and 7th|
|Neuroscience - Cognitive Neuroscience||2nd and 3rd|
|Neuroscience - Neurobiology||4th, 5th and 6th|
|Physics and Chemistry of Biological Systems||3rd and 4th|
|Theory and Numerical Simulation of Condensed Matter||3rd and 4th|
|Theory of Elementary Particles||5th and 6th|
We also list the lecture halls available inside the main building; many of them are associated with a Ph.D. curriculum, which we report in the following table.
|Room Number||Ph.D. curriculum||Capacity|
|003 - Multimedia||Shared||24|
|131||Theory and Numerical Simulation of Condensed Matter||30|
|132||Physics and Chemistry of Biological Systems||30|
|133||Functional Analysis (Mathematical Analysis and Applied Mathematics)||30|
|134||Master degree in Mathematics||30|
|137||Theory of Particle Physics||30|
|138||Theory of Particle Physics||30|